Knowledge & Skills
Since graduating University I've acquired a variety of skills obtained primarily through employment within the various disciplines of the creative sector.
Advanced, 14 years
Intermediate, 2 years
Intermediate, 8 years
Intermediate, 8 years
Software & Technologies
Having been employed within the creative sector and working in a freelance capacity I've become profficient in the use of modern technologies for design and development and take a proactive approach to continuous development.
- After Effects
Hobbies & Interests
I have an interest and passion for a variety of subjects ranging from sport to technology. In particular I am most passionate about Cybersecurity, Design & Development and the opportunities and benefits Virtual Reality can bring to education.
- Design & Development
- Ethical Hacking
- Arts & Culture
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
14 Years Experience!
Since undertaking my very first job in graphic design for a Birmingham based printing company, I've gone on to build transferrable skills applicable to a wide variety of employment sectors .
Civil Service (DWP)
2016 - Current
● Coaching claimants to take responsibility for getting themselves into work, sustaining work and developing their career
● Delivering personalised service to claimants, identifying challenges to support them back into work,
BI Process Officer
2016 - 2016
● Producing regular reports for clients within agreed SLA’s
● Ensuring quality assurance for reports are to professional standards
● Delivering ad hoc report outputs to client representatives
● Dealing with service requests raised by clients within agreed SLA’s
Tech Support Analyst
2015 - 2016
● Diagnosing and resolving phone, broadband and email issues
● Ensuring all technical faults are correctly identified and handled within established SLA’s
● Managing all customers queries promptly, providing first contact resolution wherever possible
● Producing a regular customer fault reports for management
Civil Service (DWP)
2014 - 2015
● Supporting the end to end PIP claimant journey
● Accessing and updating information across a number of IT systems
● Registering renewals of claimants benefits
● Escalating notifications of claimant changes in circumstances and further information to key decision makers
2013 - Current
● Web design and development
● Content Management, Social Media & Search Engine Optimisation
● Designing corporate Identities & marketing materials
● HTML Email Design & Technical Support
● Performing security updates to client CMS platforms and 3rd party components
2011 - 2013
● Creating websites for clients using HTML/Flash/Actionscript/CSS/PHP/Dreamweaver/Adobe Photoshop
● E-commerce development, educating clients in the use of CMS platforms to self-manage their completed products
● Identifying learning & development needs of junior staff members and providing appropriate software coaching
● HTML email design & campaign management
● Internal/external technical support
2009 - 2011
● Web maintenance of the existing e-commerce/CMS driven solution
● Updating & maintaining the customer base through the in-house/bespoke CRM software
● Collaborating with the sales & marketing department to enhance the overall online corporate presence
● Website analysis through the use of open source/bespoke analytical tools
● Managing the transfer of server files for the company’s various sites to new hosting locations via FTP software
2007 - 2009
● Web design & development for static and dynamic websites
● Creating & maintaining the company’s corporate blog
● Designing & coding HTML emails
● Designing print adverts, brochures & presentations
● Providing Remote Desktop Assistance to customers
I am educated to degree level and have excelled in I.T and the Creative Arts from an early age. Since completing my higher learning qualification I have devoted time to studying cybersecurity with a particular emphasis on ethical hacking. As part of my current strategy to become a certified ethical hacker I am undertaking the study of materials to prepare me for certification exams in Security+, Network+ & PenTest+ from CompTIA. .
2001 - 2004
The Burroughs, London NW4 4BT.
Middlesex University London is a public university in Hendon, north-west London, England. It is one of the post-1992 universities and is a member of the Million+ working group. The name of the University is taken from its location within the historic county boundaries of Middlesex.
Solihull Sixth Form College
GNVQ I.T Advanced
1997 - 1999
Widney Manor Rd, Solihull B91 3WR.
The Sixth Form College, Solihull is a further education college for students aged 16 to 19. It is situated on the outskirts of Solihull in the West Midlands and draws students from across Solihull and Birmingham.
Light Hall Secondary School
9 GCSE's A-C
1992 - 1997
Hathaway Rd, Shirley, Solihull B90 2PZ.
Light Hall School is a secondary school located in Shirley, West Midlands, England. The school was established on Hathaway Road in the 1950s as a boys' grammar school on land once belonging to Light Hall Farm.
A small selection of work completed for various employers and clients for their respective campaigns. These samples represent government communication campaigns, sports marketing and various assignments undertaken on freelance capacities.